EarthRoamer Xpedition Vehicle Models
EarthRoamer Xpedition Vehicles (XVs) offers capability, comfort, quality and convenience unmatched by typical Recreational Vehicle (RVs). An EarthRoamer XV is a compact, energy efficient, solar powered luxury home, built on a go-anywhere, four-wheel drive, Ford commercial duty truck chassis, and powered by a quiet, efficient and powerful turbo diesel engine. EarthRoamer XVs offer unprecedented versatility, style, quality, and ease of operation.
EarthRoamer XVs are engineered for independent, standalone operation and are unlike any other vehicle in the marketplace. Unlike conventional RVs that depend on noisy generators and campground electrical connections for power, EarthRoamer Xpedition Vehicles use massive solar panel arrays, huge engine driven alternators and large battery banks to provide quiet and environmentally responsible power. All EarthRoamer XVs feature strong, lightweight, attractive, one-piece molded seamless composite bodies.
Break free from the limitations of an RV and experience the adventure of an EarthRoamer Xpedition Vehicle. Whether it’s a long weekend at the lake or an extended trip around the world, an EarthRoamer Xpedition Vehicle is the civilized way to escape civilization!
With an EarthRoamer XV you can…
- Travel safely and reliably to remote places, even on very rough roads and trails.
- Travel comfortably at highway speeds with up to six adults seated in a spacious cab and up to ten more people in the camper depending on options and model chosen.
- Enjoy a secure and weatherproof shelter with all of the comforts of home.
- Be totally self-contained and independent of external water, sewer and power hookups.
- Be environmentally responsible by running completely on renewable solar power and bio-diesel.
All EarthRoamer XV models are designed to carry passengers safely and comfortably over long distances, in all weather conditions both on and off road. Elegantly functional and luxurious living quarters provide a comfortable place to eat, sleep, shower and relax when taking a break from driving or upon reaching your final destination. With hard wood cabinetry, leather seating, granite counters, convection microwave, forced air furnace, air-conditioning, king-size bed and a private bathroom with shower, you will always be comfortable in your luxury condo on wheels. Two different base models are available – the ford F-550 based EarthRoamer XV-LT and the Ford F-650 based EarthRoamer XV-HD.
EarthRoamer XV-LT (Ford F-550 based)
There are seven configurations in the EarthRoamer XV-LT model lineup with lengths ranging from 22.6 feet to 27.5 feet long. Three different Ford cabs are available (Regular Cab, Super Cab and Crew Cab) and three different EarthRoamer camper body sizes are available (LT , LT Stretch, and LT Super Stretch).
If maximum maneuverability and off-road capability is your objective, the Regular Cab XV-LT is only 22.6 feet long and has a turning radius of only 21.2 feet – almost as tight as a four door Jeep Wrangler’s 20.6 foot turning radius! At the other end of the spectrum, if maximum cab and camper space is your priority, the Crew Cab XV-LT Stretch is 27.5 feet long and provides comfortable in-cab seating and sleeping quarters for up to four adults.
EarthRoamer XV-HD (Ford F-650 Based)
The EarthRoamer XV-HD is highly customizable and is available in lengths ranging from 19.7 feet to over 38.8 feet long and can provide comfortable belted seats and sleeping quarters for up to eight people. The four wheel drive EarthRoamer XV-HD is powered by a Cummins 6.7 liter turbo diesel engine and gets its power to the ground via an Allison transmission. Both Cummins and Allison are legendary for their quality, reliability and durability. The XV-HD has a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 26,000 and a fuel capacity up to 145 gallons.
Several base XV-HD configurations are available including:
- A Four-wheel drive Xpedition Vehicle – think of an XV-LT on steroids!
- A 5th wheel motor-home (also known as a totorhome) suitable for towing heavy 5th wheel horse trailer, race car trailer, camping trailers and boats. A shorter camper is built on a longer frame length truck with a 5th wheel hitch located to the rear of the camper.
- A toy hauler model that can carry quads, dirt bikes – or even a small car – in a rear garage. The rear of a longer camper is isolated from the living quarters and dedicated to garage use.
The EarthRoamer XV-HD is the first Xpedition Vehicle of this size to feature a one-piece molded composite body. Besides providing better aesthetics, the one-piece, seamless, molded composite body requires no internal metal structure for support and is lighter, stronger, and more aerodynamic than FRP or SCS flat panel construction. The XV-HD camper body is manufactured with similar techniques and materials as many luxury yachts and aircraft.